Saturday, August 4, 2012

chicken cacciatore recipe

I am loving the recipes I'm rediscovering in my retro Leggo's Italian Cookbook - and they're a total hit with the family. Plus, they're so simple my 12-year-old can cook them (and often does!) I'm trying this recipe this week:

Ingredients:
Olive oil
1.5kg chicken pieces
2 medium onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
140g tomato paste
425g tinned tomatoes
salt and pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/4 cups of chicken stock

Method:
Heat oil in pan. Pop in the chicken and brown for around 5 mins. Remove from pan. Brown the onion and garlic. Return chicken to pan and add the tomato paste. Stir. Add tinned tomatoes Add salt, pepper, oregano, white wine and chicken stock. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour. Don't let it boil.

Serve with buttered noodles, salad and a glass of white wine (Leggo's Italian Cookbook - I like the way you think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment